Health Innovation Exchange
Supporting health and care business growth in the Liverpool City Region
Local Growth Hub - Health Innovation Exchange Contact
Health Innovation Exchange (HIE) is a £3.5 milion collaborative ERDF programme connecting Liverpool City Region businesses with world-class health, care, technology and commerical resources. By coming together it is uniting regional expertise in helping ambitious businesses develop and market innovative products and services, nationally and globally.
WHY WAS THE HEALTH INNOVATION EXCHANGE SET UP?
Health is one of the biggest and fastest-growing growing sectors in the world, valued at £400b globally. But while the potential exists across the Liverpool City Region to tap into these opportunities, so far certain obstacles have been holding our businesses back.
The Health Innovation Exchange was set up to remove these obstacles and stimulate the collaboration necessary to turn the region into a centre for excellence in health and care innovation.
WHO IS IT FOR?
We offer support and development to any innovative businesses across the Liverpool City Region capable of moving into the health and care sectors with new or existing products. Many businesses already know they want to break into the sector, but we don’t just want to work with them. We want to work with business who don’t yet know those opportunities exist, or what their business could
SME Business Support Available:
Eligible businesses can receive support and advice to help them develop and deploy products and services into the health and care sector, with partners supporting activities including:
- Access to healthcare professionals, universities, other companies and members of the public to develop and evaluate products and services
- Support navigating health system deployment, including information governance
- Access to Health Economics Expertise
- Support with the repurposing of products/services from non-health fields
- Links to other programmes including those to support advanced product manufacturing (LCR4.0) and fund business advice (New Markets)
The Health Enterprise Hub is part of the Liverpool City Region Local Growth Hub which aims to provide a joined-up approach to local and national business support by actively engaging SMEs and growth businesses across the six local authority areas, to discover the right advice and support they need to grow.
The Health Enterprise Hub Innovation Exchange supports SMEs:
- Wishing to develop their business within the health and care market
- Based within the Liverpool City Region: Liverpool, Sefton, St Helens, Halton, Knowsley or Wirral
For more information, search localgrowthhub, or contact:
Dr Andrew Rose Mike Martin
Tel: 0151 237 3537 Tel: 0151 247 6442
Delivery partner organisations: