Supporting maritime businesses across the Liverpool City Region
Local Growth Hub - Mersey Maritime Contact
Mersey Maritime is the representative body for the marine and maritime sector in the Liverpool City Region, working with large and small businesses across 33 different sub-sectors of activity to create conditions that will allow business to flourish.
Our key priority is to support maritime businesses towards improving their performance in a range of areas that can typically include:
- Business Development
- Supply Chain Building
- Information Sharing and Best Practice
- Workforce Development and Skills
- Marketing Support
- Lobbying and Representation
- Knowledge Exchange
- Access to Funding
To access New Markets support:
Mersey Maritime is currently in receipt of funding via the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) to deliver business support to SMEs as part of the New Markets 2 programme. The programme will run until 2018.
Businesses offering products and/or services as part of the Maritime Sector (or directly related industry sub-sectors) and which meet the basic eligibility criteria set out below are welcome to contact the programme delivery team at Mersey Maritime for further information.
Are you eligible for New Markets Support:
You may qualify for free business support if your business:
- Has a registered business address within the Liverpool City Region boundary, i.e. in Liverpool, Sefton, Wirral, Halton, St Helens or Knowsley.
- Meets the EU definition of an SME: a small or medium sized business that employs under 250 staff and has an annual turnover of less than 50 million euros.
- Employs at least 10 people and has experienced growth across the past 3 years at an annual average of 20%.
- Has the potential to create new permanent jobs and increase turnover over the next 12 months.
To learn more about the New Markets 2 programme and how to sign up for FREE business support please contact Funding Manager Cathy Robinson today!