How others can help your business
Has anyone ever said to you, “If there’s anything I can do to help you with your business, let me know”? Raise your hands please.
Now, did you respond, “Thank you. Now that you mention it, there are a few things I need”? Or did you say, “Well, thanks, I’ll let you know”?
Get some feedback
If you’re like most of us, you aren’t prepared to accept help at the moment it’s offered. You let the opportunity slip by because you haven’t given enough thought to the kinds of help you need. You may not have made the connection between specific items or services you need and the people who can supply them.
But when help is offered, it’s to your advantage to be prepared and to respond by stating a specific need. Over the next 3 weeks, I’ll be talking about systematic referral marketing and we’ll go over 15 ways people can promote your business. Today we will go through the 1st 5 ways of How Others Can Help Your Business. You may wish to write these down:
- Display your literature and products. Your sources can exhibit your marketing materials and products in their offices or homes. If these items are displayed well, such as on a counter or a bulletin board, visitors will ask questions about them or read the information, increasing your visibility.
- Distribute marketing information & materials. They can include a flyer in their mailings or hand out flyers at meetings they attend. For example; A dry cleaner attaches a coupon from the hair salon next door to each plastic bag he uses to cover his customers’ clothing.
- Make an announcement. When attending meetings or speaking to groups, your sources can increase your visibility by announcing an event you are involved in or a sale your business is conducting, or by setting up exhibits of your products or services. They can also invite you to make an announcement yourself.
- Invite you to attend events. Workshops and seminars are opportunities to increase your skills, knowledge, visibility and contacts. Members of personal or business groups that you don’t belong to can invite you to their events and programs. This gives you an opportunity to meet prospective sources and clients.
- Endorse your products and services. By telling others what they’ve gained from using your products or services or by endorsing you in presentations or informal conversations, your network sources can encourage others to use your products or services. If they sing your praises on videotape, so much the better.
Speak to us
If you’re not sure what sort of help you need, get in touch and we’ll help you work things out.