Local Growth Hub Showcase: How will the new apprenticeship reforms affect your business?Published on
Government is reforming the rules governing apprenticeships from April 2017. The reforms are designed to give employers more control over the apprenticeship roles they offer and will affect how employers can design, choose their training provide and fund them. The reforms include the introduction of an Apprenticeship Levy for employers with larger payrolls.
Businesses in the Liverpool City Region are invited to a free event on Thursday 30th March, 08:00-13:00, to find out what the reforms will mean for them. This showcase event will also give businesses the opportunity to meet with more than a dozen of the business support programmes currently active in the Liverpool City Region, which will cover:
- Funding available and potential costs for businesses
- Support and advice for business growth
- The benefits of apprenticeships to employers
- Specialist guidance on how the reformed apprenticeships may help businesses to grow
There will also be opportunities to ask questions and a panel discussion about the benefits of taking on apprentices.
- Mark Basnett, Managing Director, LCR LEP
- Julie Byrne, Skills for Growth Programme – Locally available funds for training alongside Apprenticeships
- Gareth Jones, Greater Merseyside Learning Provider Federation – Apprenticeship Reforms
- David Millet, Head of Academy, Alstom
- Julie Johnson, Morecrofts solicitors
Venue: Chemistry, Main Stand, Anfield Stadium
Date: Thursday, 30th March 2017
If you are interested in attending, please RSVP to: email@example.com
Speak to us
If you’re not sure what sort of help you need, get in touch and we’ll help you work things out.