RIA Unlocking Innovation EventPublished on
Registration for the Railway Industry Association’s UIS workshop #21 is now open and will take place in Liverpool on 5th April 2017.
The workshop is free to attend. It is an exceptional opportunity to understand more about the rail industry, hear about challenges and capabilities and identify routes to market for your innovations.
Our events typically attract 180+ attendees from around 120 organisations and offer a stimulating mix of presentations, elevator pitches, product acceptance surgeries, breakout sessions and plenty of networking opportunities with clients and suppliers.
- North West Rail Industry Leaders Group brings together businesses to help develop and support the rail industry in the region. Ian Dolman, Managing Director, Faiveley Transport will provide an overview of their work and how to get involved.
- Would you like to understand more about the train operator Northern Rail, Wayne Batty, Head of Innovation, will provide insight into the franchise, their transformation agenda and their innovation challenges.
- Kelvin Davies, Innovate UK will share details on a number of funding opportunities to support innovation within the rail industry. We can’t say more just yet, but if you want to be part of a collaboration and apply for funding, this is an excellent opportunity to understand more and network with others.
- Is the world of innovation investment an unknown to you? Paul Tranter, PCS International, who specialises is a helping SME’s access investment, present the 5 key requirements to attract funding.
- Are you aware of the opportunities and benefits of working with academia? Simon Inwicki, Director of the Institute of Railway Research, will take you through how to engage, access and benefit from working with academia.
- How do other industries innovate? The Advanced Propulsion Centre will provide insight into unlocking innovation in the automotive industry and beyond.
- Product Acceptance is a key step in getting your innovation deployed in the industry. Product Acceptance specialists, Roger Moore, Network Rail and Terry Price, London Underground, will be holding one-to-one surgeries to answer any questions you may have.
- A small number of elevator pitches are available for those organisations wanting to share their challenges or capabilities, but please note these are not sales pitches.
- The Demo Zone offers the opportunity for a number of organisations to highlight their latest innovations, but the space allocation is strictly limited to a 1metre table top and a single optional 1metre banner.
Please register here for the next workshop https://online.riagb.org.uk If you would like to be considered for an elevator pitch or the demo zone please tick the relevant box when registering.
Speak to us
If you’re not sure what sort of help you need, get in touch and we’ll help you work things out.